What a girl! It astounds me that in a year she went from my non-walking 1 yr old, to my running, sassy, non-speaking 2 year old. How can someone who speaks less than 10 words dictate so many things in your life? Don't get me wrong in her little two year old sassy tongue she speaks plenty, it just leaves the rest of us wondering what in the world she is saying! :)
Dadd-o took her to her well-child appointment this time around, and funnily enough she actually lost a pound since we took her in for her 18 month check. She now weighs 28 lbs and is in the 50%. She is 33 in. tall and in the 35%. Which is funny to me because she seems tall among all the other little kiddos her age. She is still a very good eater, and I attribute her weight change to all of her busy-ness!
We decided to go out to dinner on her birthday day, and she was so funny. Carson tries to use his "force" on everything, and it has started rubbing off on Natalie. For a few days, every time I would take her picture, she would show me her "force."

I love that her birthday is in the summer, much easier than winter birthday's in some ways because you can just chill outside. We were very lucky with beautiful weather, and had a few friends over to help celebrate. She received some wonderful gifts and is enjoying them immensely! She got this little four wheeler car from Grandma Kay-Kay & Grandpa Garry, and enjoys riding it around, if we can get her to drive in a straight line, we'll have it made!
I loved this little carriage cake, and put it together super quick because I was running out of time, but I think it turned out pretty well.
Natalie got dress up clothes for her birthday also, and Carson thought it would be funny if they both dressed up as princess'. Indeed it was :)
The terrible two's are definitely different this time around with a girl! When she is good, she is very, very good, and very, very sweet, but when she's not, watch out! She is a delight at home, she loves Carson, and Dadd-o, and the dogs, and Mom. She likes to play and play and play. She especially loves reading books, combing her baby's hair, and singing to anyone who will listen. She says very few words clearly, but has a very clear way of getting her point across. She is incredibly stubborn, and if she doesn't want to do something, I am hard-pressed to make that happen. Natalie loves to hand out kisses freely to mom and dad, and we love every bit of it! She is days away from being potty-trained, and I couldn't be any happier! My sweet, feisty little Natalie,
I love you with all of my heart! I waited for you for what seemed like a very long time, but you are worth the wait! You are kind to your brother, and you love playing with the big kids. You are an amazing eater, and will eat nearly anything we put in front of you, I know this is a huge blessing! You get so excited at the end of Sacrament Meeting each week, because you know you get to go play with the kids, and you do so well in nursery. You love to sing, and sing, and sing, and sing. And sometimes you like to dance. You like to take your picture if it is your idea, and if it is not you refuse, and just scowl at me. I hope that stubborn trait will stick with you through jr. high and high school when your friends try to pressure you into doing something that you know you shouldn't be doing. I try to remember each day, especially the long days, what a blessing you are to our family, and how glad we are that you are here with us.
I love you to the moon and back!
MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment