Tonight, we were eating dinner, and it was relatively uneventful. Carson decided he was full which was fine, he then get up from the table to put his plate away. I asked him if he was just going to put it on the counter, and he told no that he would scrap his food in the trash. I thought wow, he really is getting to be a big boy! As he walks away, I am in mid-sentence telling Garry how much he really is growing up and doing such a good job at following directions, and doing what we have been working on, and crash.
He dumps his plate on the floor...
He starts crying, and says, I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry. And it was cool for me, because I wasn't even mad. I kind of felt bad that he was so upset about it, but it reassured me that he really does want to make me happy. We cleaned it up, and all was well again. Yeah for not reacting!
2 comments:
I always repeat in my head, "There's no use crying (or in my case, screaming) over spilled milk".....over and over until I believe it.
Way to go Andrea! What a sweet little guy and a great mom:)
Post a Comment