Wednesday, September 8, 2010

He did it!!!!

At the beginning of the summer, I took Carson's training wheels off of his bike, determined that he could learn to ride a two-wheeler, well, that went well. After running behind him several times, I decided he wasn't ready and put the training wheels back on. I haven't really said much to him all summer, but the other night as we were all going for a bike ride, I told him to go as long as he could without letting his training wheels touch the ground (they're loud). He went almost a whole block, I told him we should take them off again, he didn't want to, and so today when I went to pick him up from the sitter's I was surprised that he was trying to ride a two wheeler with no training wheels. I asked him if he figured it out. He told me not yet. We got home, and I told him we should try taking the wheels off again, thinking that it might take us a while to figure it out. The little stinker, I held onto his bike for approximately 2 seconds before he was off on his own. He totally had it mastered in about 15 minutes. He could start and stop all by himself without crashing, it was super cool! I'm posting several video's just because I can :)

Poor Natalie, this is what happens when you get bored watching your big brother learn to ride his bike, and while mom is just a little down the street helping him, you try to climb out of your chair, and end up falling instead, and you hate the grass so you can't even roll over to get up, because then you might have to touch it :) Silly girl, we're going to have to practice getting out of the chair, this is the second time she has fallen out, the first time you might have noticed the shiner she received in some of our recent pictures. Poor girl!

This is the first time he made it all the way down the street, and I wanted to be able to send it to Garry right away so I took this not so great video on my phone, but he was so cute I have to post it!

In this video, he comes from down the street and zooms past me.

Now he figures out the push off all by himself.

And another, just because I like watching him :)

No comments: