I began taking piano lessons when I was 7. I continued with piano lessons, and started playing the clarinet in 6th grade, and then switched to the saxophone in high school. I loved my piano teacher, and I loved my band teacher. I thought they were both pretty fantastic. Being from a small town, I was lucky enough to have the same band instructor until I graduated from high school. She inspired me to not only want to become a musician but a teacher as well. I love music, I am completely passionate about it. I think it is so important that every kid be exposed to formal music training at some point during their life.
It warms my heart that my kiddos are also so drawn to it. I believe that music speaks from spirit to spirit, and am so happy that I can help to enhance this beautiful communication!

Edit: I am also happy that my mom saw music lessons as important enough to make me stick it out even when I didn't think I liked it anymore. How different my life would be if she had let me quit!
No comments:
Post a Comment