Several weeks/months ago (I really can't remember...Which makes this story even better) the LCD view screen went out on my camera. However, the weird thing was that it only went out in picture taking mode. I could still view the screen when it was in movie picture mode, and when I reviewed pictures, for some reason it only went out in that one mode. When I bought the camera, I paid an extra $30 for an extended 3 year warranty, being at only a year and a half into the warranty, I wasn't exactly in a hurry to get it sent in. But now, the baby is coming in a few weeks, and I didn't want to be without it. We have a video camera, but the still shots are not the clearest, so I figured worst case scenario we would use that, but it would be nice to have my digital camera back before the baby was born.
I called the middle of last week to file a claim, and the lady told me no problem, she would send me a UPS label, and I could just box it up and ship it to them, and I should get it back in about 3 weeks. Cutting it close, but I figured I'd take my chances. So yesterday, I take the memory card out of the camera, and I was messing with it a little bit to make sure you could take pictures and just store them on the internal memory. As I started pushing buttons, I pushed the "display" button, and lo and behold, the screen miraculously lights up!!!! I felt like the biggest idiot ever! All these months, I've been looking through the tiny little view finder, and then end up cropping pictures because I can't really see through it, and the camera was working fine all along. So I had to call the warranty people, and cancel my claim. I told the lady on the phone that I was blaming it on my 8 month pregnant brain, she just laughed!!
Garry thought it was hillarious! Though I also thought it was funny, I was totally annoyed at myself!
So after packing and cleaning throughout the evening, I remembered my scores for the Music Praxis II test that I took in April were supposed to be posted yesterday sometime. I logged on and checked it out, and sure enough. The range of scores for the day was 158-175 out of a possible 200, and I scored a 174. I felt slightly redeemed after the whole camera incident. It was like the highest score I had ever earned on a standardized test!
So although I got a higher score on the praxis test than my husband did when he took it a year ago, he says I can't rub it in too much, because all he has to say is..... CAMERA. :)
All in good humor at the LaPlante house!
No comments:
Post a Comment