As I am sitting at the computer, wasting time, I look out the window, and this is what I saw. Garry was taking a little snooze, and because I knew he would as well be intrigued, we went outside to get our photo op. This little car, I think it was a toyota corolla, but it was hard to tell from our 7th story top aparment had flipped over. The interesting thing to me, is that all of this had happened, and we hadn't heard screeching or anything. The driver must have been okay, because there hadn't been an ambulance, and we had front row seats for what seemed like forever for the tow truck driver to flip this little car over.I guess luckily, or unluckily depending on how you look at it, the car was already on its top. Because the driver was having quite the hard time getting it right side up again. We watched him drag it all over the road trying to pull at just the right spot to get gravity on his side. There were three different times when he would have the car suspended in mid air just to have one or two of the chains break and the car would then fall back to the ground. Finally he got it on its side, and then put some blocks under the wheels to make the final drag back onto it's wheels. It was pretty interesting to watch the whole process, and I was really surprised at how long it took him. I was very happy we were watching from our balcony, and not waiting on Pines to get home. It took him about 45 min, and it was about 5:30, so there were tons of cars backed all the way up the road just waiting to get by. What a drag!
No comments:
Post a Comment