Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Spectacular!

What an absolutely fun day we had!We decided to rent a bouncer slide to entertain the kiddos for the Fourth of July, it was such a hit!
At Sue's house they have a pool and the kids also really enjoyed swimming through the day! Garry is at times a big antagonizer! He had it out for his mom, and she kept trying to use Carson as a shield, but Garry just got them both!
I have somehow gotten deemed the dessert maker for the Fourth of July celebrations. Last year, I found a cute recipe for a pool cake so I decided to make it. This year when Sue asked me to bring another dessert, so I decided it had to be top secret! I found this really cute ferris wheel cake, and it was a total hit!
The bounce house was such a great idea! The kiddos loved it, and the moms and dads had a fun time also! However we all know hindsight is 20/20! The nice men came to take the bouncer down, and we should definitely have left before they came to take it down! Carson was totally heartbroken that they were taking his castle away!
We went downtown to watch the fireworks this year and it was a ton of fun! We have been down there two other years. Once we sat in front of the opera house, and once we just stood and watched them standing sort of on the edge of the park. We decided this year we would try to sit in front of the opera house again. Carson totally dug it! As he has told everyone he has talked to since then, they were huge, huge, huge!

2 comments:

stacey said...

What a cool 4th of July you had! That cake is awesome. I don't think I'd have enough patience to create something that detailed! wow.

THE BAISDEN FAMILY said...

Hey Andrea! I found your blog. How great! I absolutely love it! You are very creative and it seems you all are having a great time there in Spokane. Lots to do I see. How fun! Carson is getting so big...such a little man. Well I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep in the know with how you all are doing. Its so hard to keep in touch, but blogs make it so much easier and so fun!!! So, thanks and I hope you don't mind us checkin it out. Love ya..
Shasta and the Baisden Bunch