Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lilac Parade

Carson and I went to Riverfront Park during the day before the parade. It was quite fun, and they had a few more ride open that we didn't ride last time. Carson had a great time! It was so hot!!!! We were both sweating to death! But luckily we didn't get sunburned. I sprayed us both down with the good ole spf 50, and promtly got it in his eyes. I felt so bad! But then I at least got even, as my face was sweating, sunscreen got into my eyes too, but it sure didn't make him feel any better!
Carsonator found this little friend who was sitting just down the row from us, and they played and played before the parade started but after they had all of the streets blocked off. He also loved dancing in the streets with Kennedie. About halfway through the parade, Carsonator and I walked up the parade route to meet up with Garry's band. We finally found him after being scolded by a police officer for standing in front of people who had been standing there for 3 hours, but then as Garry's group came by we just slipped right in beside them. Once again Carson had a grand time marching along with the kiddo's. After such a long day though, we decided just to stop where Garry's parents were sitting instead of marching the entire parade. It was a very fun day!

No comments: